| How to Stage your Bathrooms
Just like kitchens, bathrooms are rooms that can make or break a sale.
In your bathroom, if the fundamentals are right (i.e. all your fittings are in good order), your goal should be to make the room fresh, clean and relaxing (even luxurious).
Get the fundamentals right
Because you’ll re-coup your costs and improve the saleability of your home, it’s worth spending some money on updating any poorly presented bathrooms. Poorly presented bathrooms will drastically reduce your chances of selling for the maximum price possible.
Hygiene is king
Buyers need to be presented with a bathroom that’s spotless. That means you need to:
- Eliminate any traces of mould
- Remove lime scale from around taps & plug-holes
- Clean the shower curtain (better yet replace it or buy a glass shower screen)
- Give the bath and WC a good scrub
- Go over stained tile grout with a grouting pen
- Replace any sealant that’s peeled or become discoloured
- Give light fittings, mirrors & all surfaces a good once over
Buyers want to see a vision of cleanliness and luxury in your bathroom.
Unfortunately many bathrooms (especially family bathrooms) seem to attract clutter, with all kinds of bottles, lotions and potions. It doesn’t look pretty but you probably use this stuff everyday.
When you sell, it’s a different story – All of the day-to-day stuff must go. Pack it into a plastic storage box and keep out of sight You cant effectively add accessories until there is no clutter.
- As always, a neutral paint job is best. Any version of white also works well as it heightens the feeling of freshness.
- If wall tiles are cracked or missing, You should replace them or re-tile which can range from an easy job to major surgery .
- Nice white textured tiles are the best option.
All bathrooms need:
- A good-sized mirror
- Heated towel rail
Then give the room personality by adding:
- One or two green leafy plants
- A scented candle
- A couple of pretty glass ornamental bottles
- A luxury bar of soap in a soap dish
- New fluffy white towels (not to be used and only put out for viewings)
You need to convince buyers that your bathroom does not need to be totally refurbished. Buyers will often guess / overestimate the cost of refurbishment and knock that cost off their offer price.
If buyers feel they can happily use the bathroom from the moment they move in, you’ll protect yourself against this.
Disclaimer: Although all care is taken. We do not give any warranty whatsoever to the accuracy of any content.
This is not meant to be financial or professional advice and is only of general nature. You must seek professional advice before taking any actions. The above information comes with no warranties whatsoever. We take no responsibility for any actions you may or may not take. All content is of general nature only and is NOT to be taken as advice whatsoever
Residential Sales Agent
Raine & Horne Parramatta
P: 0426 228 014
Gino’s professional attitude and friendly nature was a breath of fresh air. Thank you for your support and professionalism throughout the sale of our property. Appreciate the extraordinary lengths you went to to achieve an outstanding result!
Jeanne Appleton, Northmead. NSW
Excellent communication and great confidence when negotiating with buyers. Gino focussed his attention on achieving a sale price well above our expectations. Well done Gino and your selling team.
Ralph and Maryanne Pasero, Rydalmere NSW
I found the sales team at Raine and Horne Parramatta a pleasure to deal with. Their expertise and continuous updates in selling our home was outstanding. Great work Gino!
Rochelle and Casba Webb , Parramatta NSW
A genuine performance-based selling agent Gino Sotto helped us achieve a quick sale, which saved us a lot of time and money. We would not hesitate recommending Gino & his sales team to others.
Lawrence and Kim Davies . North Rocks NSW
We were delighted with Gino Sotto and the sales price achieved for our house and the specialist approach to selling residential real estate in our area.
Danny and Manal Ayoub Merrylands NSW